Biography - F P Anderson
F. P. ANDERSON, jeweler, Anna, was born in St. Paul, Minn., September 1, 1858, and is a son of Dennis and Mary (Cullen) Anderson, and one of a family of ten children — nine of whom are still living. He was educated in the High School at Shelbyville, Ill., whither his parents had removed in 1868. At the age of thirteen years, he apprenticed himself to the jeweler's trade with Mr. R. N. Mitchell, with whom he worked nearly eleven years, becoming a thorough and practical workman in every department of the business he has chosen. In June, 1880, he came to Anna, Ill., and opened a jewelry store, a business he has successfully conducted ever since. He carries a large and well-selected stock of his line of goods, consisting of a full assortment of clocks, watches, jewelry of all kinds, together with a complete stock of picture frames, stationery, etc. His square dealing, gentlemanly manners toward his customers, and uniform courtesy, has won for him a large and profitable trade and hosts of friends throughout the county. Mr. Anderson was married in 1881 to Miss Anna M. Dennis, of Pana, Ill., a daughter of Frank and Hannah (Colby) Dennis. They have one child — Ora, born October 28, 1881.
Extracted 02 Apr 2017 by Norma Hass from 1883 History of Alexander, Union, and Pulaski Counties, Illinois, Part V, page 57.